Migrating Confluence Cloud Instance to a Server

Darren Hardwell April 23, 2015

Hi,

We're looking at migrating our confluence instance from cloud to server. I understand this achieved by exporting then importing the data.

I was wondering if anyone who's been through this process could give me some hints and tips on how to achieve a smooth transfer and whether there are any limitations or pitfalls to be aware of.

For example:  Is all content carried across?  Does it retain all social media features (likes, comments etc..)?  Is the site structure and  permissions setup maintained? etc..

Any advice appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Darren.

1 answer

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2015

Hello Darren,

Talking about pitfalls the something to be wary about is the application links. We recommend undoing them prior to the migration, since you may need to re-do them right upon transfering the data to the local instance.

There is a good piece of information on that, after this jump.

Note that It is important that you export your data and download Confluence on the same day to ensure that your data and your Confluence installation use the same version.

You will be using a bridging version like 'Confluence 5.5-OD-23'. And later will make the switch to the main version streamed (which does not have the appended OD.

Just follow along the docs and it should be smooth.

pitfall.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events