Migrate content from older Confluence version to Confluence Cloud

n_lenz January 20, 2022

Dear community,

we are using Confluence Cloud since several months. But we still have some old wiki content that resides in an on-premise Conflunce system (4.3.7).

Luckily, we took the decision to also retire this old system.

The question is now how to migrate the content from our old system to our cloud subscription?

As far as I understood there is no direct export/import possible with that old version (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restoring-a-space-152036.html). I, therefore, assume we need to upgrade our local environment first (following this upgrade recommendation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/upgrading-confluence-4578.html).

Does anybody know how to get the required llicense(s) to walk through the upgrade path? Is there something like a temporary migration license available?

Kind regards
Norbert

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi @n_lenz 

You should contact Atlassian Support.  They can offer some assistance.  Details here: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/migrate-to-cloud-with-an-expired-server-license/

0 votes
n_lenz October 28, 2022

Thank you all for the answers. Together with the Atlassian Support I was able to upgrade our old instance (or a copy of it) to a supported version. From there I used the Confluence Migration Assistant App.

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

This is a very timely question as January 2022 has been designated Migrations Month by Atlassian. You should follow the content posted here as there are developments and resources that are being created and released to assist with these types of migrations.

Migrations Month

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2022

Hey @n_lenz 

The steps you have mentioned is rite.

Get a trail license for confluence and then upgrade. Go to my.atlassian.com and sign up for a free evaluation license for the product you're migrating. 

To migrate to confluence cloud , the minimum required version for confluence server is 5.10.0 so that we can use Confluence Migration Assistant App to do migration to Cloud.

Also please check the link provided by @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_  too.

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events