Merged rows and columns issues after entering Edit mode

Jason Logue November 6, 2019

Hello, I have created a table in Confluence that contains 21 columns of various lengths and 11 rows that often span multiple rows within each row. For example, a section row in the far left column will then have 4-8 sub-rows that have specific questions. I have frozen the header row and the first column as well so the user can scroll up and down and side to side and still see the questions for the table. 

I have had to perform many merges and splitting of columns and rows, and yet for the most part things have looked good. Then for some reason, every time I enter Edit mode - even if I change only one word or letter - and click Update, the entire table's columns and rows are messed up. Typically I have had to revert to an older version of the page and just can't add any new content. 

Since I needed to add new content and was unable to do so, I went ahead and exported an older version of the table to Word and now do all the work in a Word table. This is not ideal, but it's a workable solution since it's not required the table be pretty or anything like that. 

Sample of the Table (before edit)

2019-11-06 14_01_51-HITRUST Policy Review Checklist - HITRUST - Confluence.png

After Edit  - Update (no actual changes to table).

2019-11-06 14_03_31-HITRUST Policy Review Checklist - HITRUST - Confluence.png

I'm using Atlassian 6.13.0. 

Let me know if there is anything I should be trying.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events