Merge two spaces

Kevin Hughes August 20, 2012

I am evaluating Confluence for our technical documentation and am looking at the process governance around it. Currently we have multiple development running concurrently. This is handled within our current CMS using a branch/merge (of questionable robustness). In Confluence I have been looking at copy space as the branch and then ...... theres the problem - how can I merge two spaces?

Any help suggestions in this area much appreciated

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 20, 2012

Unfortunately, this function isn't available yet, but we have a Feature Request to reach this function of Merge Spaces. You can vote to raise its popularity and add yourself as watcher too, if you like to know how this Feature is going. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7024. Anyway, let's see if anyone has a valid workaround to be shared.

1 vote
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

Hallo Kevin

It sounds as if you're looking for sophisticated version control, with branching and merging of content for different versions of a product perhaps. If so, then the Scroll Versions plugin sounds good for you. Version 1 of the plugin is available now, and goes a good part of the way already:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions

The K15t Software team are planning and designing for an enhanced release of the plugin. It's worth getting in touch with them to see if the update will meet your needs. We're waiting for the update too, as we need the ability to manage multiple versions and variants of our documentation.

Cheers, Sarah

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

I depends on what you mean by merge spaces. Using the Confluence Command Line Interface it is easy to copy a page hierarchy using copyPage or a space using copySpace. However, this will replace the contents, not merge the changes.

Jake Grochowski May 12, 2020

ok ok

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events