Merge two spaces

I am evaluating Confluence for our technical documentation and am looking at the process governance around it. Currently we have multiple development running concurrently. This is handled within our current CMS using a branch/merge (of questionable robustness). In Confluence I have been looking at copy space as the branch and then ...... theres the problem - how can I merge two spaces?

Any help suggestions in this area much appreciated

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Unfortunately, this function isn't available yet, but we have a Feature Request to reach this function of Merge Spaces. You can vote to raise its popularity and add yourself as watcher too, if you like to know how this Feature is going. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-7024. Anyway, let's see if anyone has a valid workaround to be shared.

Hallo Kevin

It sounds as if you're looking for sophisticated version control, with branching and merging of content for different versions of a product perhaps. If so, then the Scroll Versions plugin sounds good for you. Version 1 of the plugin is available now, and goes a good part of the way already:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.k15t.scroll.scroll-versions

The K15t Software team are planning and designing for an enhanced release of the plugin. It's worth getting in touch with them to see if the update will meet your needs. We're waiting for the update too, as we need the ability to manage multiple versions and variants of our documentation.

Cheers, Sarah

I depends on what you mean by merge spaces. Using the Confluence Command Line Interface it is easy to copy a page hierarchy using copyPage or a space using copySpace. However, this will replace the contents, not merge the changes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

554 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you