Menus conflicting with macros

I have noticed that sometimes Confluence menus conflict with macros on Confluence pages.

For example, when I have a composition macro on the page and use the deck macro in it, the Browse menu disappears after the first couple of menu items. If I click Browse, I can see Pages, Blogs and half of labels...seems like the rest of the menu is somehow behind the rest of the page.

On another page, I use a Panel macro at the top of the page. When I save, the Tools menu becomes inactive when it overlaps the panel macro. So, I can select the first few items on the menu (Attachments through Restrictions). The rest of the items are visible, but I can't select them.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

The Subspace plugin was the main culprit. I submitted an issue with the developer and they fixed it in a more recent version. Works like a charm now!

Hi,

It seems that there's some conflict with menus and macros. Usually this is caused by third party plugin where they have overlapping variable or function with the bundled one and this conflict happen. Perhaps you could try to enable safe mode and check whether the issue still occurring, by right it should not. If it does, this might be a valid bug of Confluence.

Cheers, Josua

I agree with Josua. It seems that SubSpace Plugin and Composition Plugin are contributing towards the issue. It's best to contact and report this matter to the plugin developers for further troubleshooting.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,147 views 20 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you