cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Menus conflicting with macros

epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2012

I have noticed that sometimes Confluence menus conflict with macros on Confluence pages.

For example, when I have a composition macro on the page and use the deck macro in it, the Browse menu disappears after the first couple of menu items. If I click Browse, I can see Pages, Blogs and half of labels...seems like the rest of the menu is somehow behind the rest of the page.

On another page, I use a Panel macro at the top of the page. When I save, the Tools menu becomes inactive when it overlaps the panel macro. So, I can select the first few items on the menu (Attachments through Restrictions). The rest of the items are visible, but I can't select them.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
epohl
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

The Subspace plugin was the main culprit. I submitted an issue with the developer and they fixed it in a more recent version. Works like a charm now!

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2012

I agree with Josua. It seems that SubSpace Plugin and Composition Plugin are contributing towards the issue. It's best to contact and report this matter to the plugin developers for further troubleshooting.

0 votes
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2012

Hi,

It seems that there's some conflict with menus and macros. Usually this is caused by third party plugin where they have overlapping variable or function with the bundled one and this conflict happen. Perhaps you could try to enable safe mode and check whether the issue still occurring, by right it should not. If it does, this might be a valid bug of Confluence.

Cheers, Josua

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events