Mentions not working in Confluence Cloud

Kelly Watts February 28, 2017

Does anyone know why mentions in confluence cloud would suddenly stop working?

We haven't had a problem until today. Usually when we try to add mentions, you type @.. then the list of users pops up. At the moment, no list of users is displayed. 

No new add-ons have been added for some time.

Disable Autocomplete is unchecked in every user's Editor Settings.

The related answer in Mentions are not working in JIRA applications did not solve issue - As far as I can tell there is no Browse User global permissions setting in confluence cloud.

As far as I can tell there is no Search Index in confluence cloud, so the answer in @Mentions in Confluence missing some users won't work either.

(Using Confluence Cloud in Chrome)

5 answers

3 votes
Ashraf Fouad March 17, 2017

I was having the same issue for the past two weeks, and I decided to file an issue for the support. While I was trying to get screenshot of the issue, I found it working laugh .

I didn't find reindex options in site administration.

Michael Dahl March 20, 2017

We are having the same issue - very frustrating

1 vote
Karalee Kikiros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

It could be an intermittent failure. If you find that you're still having the same issue, log a support ticket. I haven't seen anything come out of the Atlassian status updates that specifically calls out @ mentions not working but that doesn't mean that there isn't something going on currently. Another option is to try using a different browser. IE specifically can have issues with @ mentions due to its in-built security so just changing your browser could help. 

Michael Dahl March 20, 2017

Logged a support ticket and tech has just gone straight for reindex option to solve. Tech confirms only Atlassian support can reindex - support documentation I read did not clearly spell that out so I have sadly spent a couple of days looking for a solution that I cannot perform myself.

Anyway fingers crossed a fix is close.

Like James Park likes this
Kelly Watts March 20, 2017

Thanks all!

I forgot to update this question when the issue mysteriously fixed itself.

If it happens again I'll log a support ticket.

James Park January 15, 2021

Unfortunate, I'm trying it on the free plan so I don't have tech support to fix this issue @Michael Dahl5 

0 votes
Seth Coker January 9, 2019

User of: Confluence Cloud

I recently ran into this issue and was frustrated that I was unable to find a solution anywhere. Today, I happened to check my settings in Confluence and saw that "Disable Auto-formatting" was checked (this was because when I write documentation in Confluence, I prefer to format things myself.

This was such a relief to find and I wanted to be sure to share my resolution as I've seen multiple people running into this issue without resolve.

Note to Atlassian: Please add that as a warning in the settings so people know that disabling that option will affect their ability to "@mention" people.

Hope this helps some of you!

0 votes
Mariusz Wroblewski March 21, 2017

Well, the same just happened for us. Basically, you can't mention someone in comment in Confluence using Internet Explorer (11.0.9600.18537).

It works fine on Chrome (55.2883.87).

When i type @ in comment, i just get it doubled : @ @

Wyndham Libraries March 25, 2018

+1 for me (same version of IE)

0 votes
Kelly Watts March 20, 2017

Update: Mentions started working again a few hours later. If I see the issue again I will log a support ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events