Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mentions in confluence pages and templates

JIRA Autobot December 17, 2012

Hi,

I am heavinly relyiing on mentions in the pages i have on Confluence so i have few questions.

The way i use mentions is for status meetings like who participated and who needs to be informed about them so when we have a status meeting i add mentions of the people available at the meeting. What i usually do is that i prepare the status meeting page before the meeting and it would be nice to put some people as mentioned but be able to disable the send of email until i actually had the meeting. That is not possible as of now, if i mention somebody and i Save the page then the notification goes out. I can't find a way to disable this for that save, is that possible ?

/donnib

1 answer

2 votes
Chung Park Chan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2012

Hello Donnib,

There is a workaround for this that might help.

If you add the mentions and restrict the page to yourself before saving it, the email notifications will not be sent. Thus, you can prepare the page with all mentions correctly assigned beforehand. Then, when you remove the restriction, they will receive the notification.

Besides, take a look at this guide, particularly in the Notes section for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Mentions

Hope this helps.

JIRA Autobot December 17, 2012

@Chung i was not aware of that Confluence sends notifications based on the View restrictions. I will try your suggestion. thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events