Mentions in confluence pages and templates

Hi,

I am heavinly relyiing on mentions in the pages i have on Confluence so i have few questions.

The way i use mentions is for status meetings like who participated and who needs to be informed about them so when we have a status meeting i add mentions of the people available at the meeting. What i usually do is that i prepare the status meeting page before the meeting and it would be nice to put some people as mentioned but be able to disable the send of email until i actually had the meeting. That is not possible as of now, if i mention somebody and i Save the page then the notification goes out. I can't find a way to disable this for that save, is that possible ?

/donnib

1 answer

2 votes

Hello Donnib,

There is a workaround for this that might help.

If you add the mentions and restrict the page to yourself before saving it, the email notifications will not be sent. Thus, you can prepare the page with all mentions correctly assigned beforehand. Then, when you remove the restriction, they will receive the notification.

Besides, take a look at this guide, particularly in the Notes section for more information: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Using+Mentions

Hope this helps.

@Chung i was not aware of that Confluence sends notifications based on the View restrictions. I will try your suggestion. thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 11, 2018 in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

329 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you