Meeting notes index not created automatically

Monica Llamas-Turrecha October 20, 2017

Before, whenever I create meeting notes an index is automatically created and that index is automatically added in the space shortcut as well.

Now, this is not working anymore. Each meeting notes page are created under my Pages tree separately.

3 answers

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2017

Hi Monica,

Do you happen to be on Confluence Cloud?

If so, there's an ongoing bug right now that we're working on in order to fix this behavior:

If you are, could you vote, watch, and comment on that issue? It helps us keep track of the number of affected users.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Sigurd J. Vik January 8, 2018

I'm having the same problem intermittently on our Confluence Cloud instance. Looked up the link you provided, but I'm not findin any help there to solve the issue.

Can you please advise how to fix this?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Sigurd,

The issue from October is now resolved, and it wasn't an intermittent problem, so I don't think it is the exact same issue.

Can you let me know the extent of the affected features? Is it any blueprint or only specific ones? Have you noticed a pattern to when it occurs? Have you reported this yet to the Cloud Support team? We may need to have a look at your instance directly, so for that, I can create a support ticket for you so we can proceed there.

Regards,

Shannon

Sigurd J. Vik January 8, 2018

Hi Shannon, thanks for looking into this.

I'm using the 'Meting notes' blueprint, and on some of my spaces the top level index page is created, yet on others it's not. Maybe it's do do with what type of space it's categorized as?

No report to support team yet, can you assist me with that?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2018

Thank you, Sigurd.

I've created the support ticket for you there. You should have an email from me now asking for more information on the ticket.

Once the issue is resolved, you or the engineer can post the resolution here in case other users have the same issue. I've asked the engineer to do it, but if you would like to as well that's fine.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
AL January 22, 2019

I am having the same problem right now, we are using Confluence cloud.

Each meeting notes page are created under my Pages tree separately. @Shannon S can you help?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 23, 2019

Alain,

I'm not sure I understand your issue. Each Meeting Notes page should be created separately in your Page Tree. 

The issue at hand was that it wasn't also creating an Index automatically for these pages.

The current bug for that is here:  CONFCLOUD-57810

If that is the problem you're having I would recommend voting and watching that bug.

If you're having another issue, I would recommend either raising a new thread, or contacting the Cloud Support Team. They will be able to look directly at your instance and determine what issue you're having.

Regards,

Shannon

AL January 23, 2019

Thank you, I am having the same problem. I added my vote.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 24, 2019

Thank you for your vote, Alain! 

Take care, and have a pleasant rest of your week.

Regards,

Shannon

Ana June 21, 2019

Hi

I'm having same problem in confluence 6.6.4. Somehow it stopped working since months ago i could create minute of meeting and index was automatically created. Indeed i'm using it on my daily meetings but when i try to create a new minute of meeting for a different meeting series it is not working. Any tip?

Thanks

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
June 24, 2019

Hi Ana,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

This particular issue is in Confluence Cloud. I'm not aware of any similar issues in Server. 

I would recommend that you report this to Confluence Server Support if you have a supported license, or raising a new question here. That way, some of our Confluence Server users can help you.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2018

Hello Sigurd,

I'm writing here since Suren let you know your issue is related to this bug: 

I want to make sure we put it here in case other users are having the same issue, so they know what the problem is.

If you have any questions please feel free to let Suren know on the case.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Shaun Newman February 13, 2018

Hi we are experiencing this same issue and actually only recognised it when a colleague created a new Index after creating a page from the meeting template in one of the spaces we have, but it seems we cannot create the index when we create meetings in any other space.

The defect linked to in the discussion here doesn't really give a clue as to what's going on and suggests the issue is resolved but we are still seeing it.

We are using the Cloud version and would really like to have this resolved.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2018

Hi Shaun,

I suspect you might have been looking at an earlier reply which references CONFCLOUD-57863, which was another bug, and is currently resolved.

I had a look at the bug ticket in my comment that you replied to, but I'm not seeing that bug as resolved. I just want to make sure we're seeing the same thing.

According to CONFCLOUD-57810, when users create meeting notes for the first time, an index page is not created.

If this is the bug you are encountering, please vote on it to help show the number of users affected. You can comment there with any feedback you can provide as well.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,

Shannon

Shaun Newman February 14, 2018

Ah thanks for the clarification Shannon I was looking at the wrong one and have now voted and am watching the right one. much appreciated.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 14, 2018

You're welcome, Shaun! Happy to confirm that for you.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events