Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meeting notes blueprint - create task in Jira

RichardK April 21, 2013

Our users have decided that they want to use the new Meeting Notes blueprint going forward, however I have found an issue.

At the moment we have Jira which has Tasks and Sub-Taks. We have just completed the workflow for these and it has been a fairly lengthy trial and error process to get this right.

Now though we have the blueprint and according to that a task is either done or not.

Is there anyway in which for the creation of a task in Confluence meeting notes blueprint creates a Task in the linked Jira project. This would be much more valuable than a little check box, that has no validations behind it.

Thanks in advance

Richard

1 answer

1 vote
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2013

Richard,

Did you know you can create JIRA issues form Confluence? In Confluence 3.5 or higher you can go to Insert > JIRA and select the "Create tab".

Tip: If you highlight the text then go to Insert > JIRA (or CMD/CTRL+j) it should take the text you've highlighted and turn that into an issue summary and replace where your cursor is with a JIRA macro.

Does that work for you?

RichardK April 28, 2013

Not really. I was aware that a Jira macro exists, although that was not the intention of the question I asked.

In the meeting notes blueprint you can create a task and it is assignable to users, it would be good if that process created a task in Jira. We don't want to have to duplicate effort by creating a task in confluence from the blueprint and also use the Jira macro to create a real issue.

Cihan Karakus November 22, 2015

is there any way to this have you found? I m looking for exactly that u have asked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events