Meaning of some Confluence URLs

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2012

Anyone know what these URLs point to in confluence?

/l$

/r$

/download/attachments$/*

/download/thumbnails$/*

/s/*

(The last 3 seems to point to Javascript and images). Are they cachable (in Apache for instance)?

Thank you,

3 answers

0 votes
Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

/l$ are labels URLs

/s/* is static content in general. I cached in Apache and it improved performance.

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

quote: "I cached in Apache" =
"you yourself added some caching to Tomcat" or "it is cached in Apache"?
thanks

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2013
0 votes
Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

can Atlassian chime in here? - can /s/<...> uniquely identify a session or a user?

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2012

I think the /s/* is for style sheets. Specifically, the batched style sheets that are combined and served up at run time. I don't believe they are cacheable because they are generated on the fly -- but maybe they are per-session?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events