Max URL length

Chaitanya Bhandare
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 5, 2019

Hi,

I am trying to add a web link, to an existing confluence page. Whenever I click on publish, the link saves as a plain text. 

I have some more links on the same page, but they work just fine. I thought it has something to do with the character length, but the links with more characters save just fine. 

Link that does not work has 273 characters

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2019

Hello Chaitanya,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

I found a similar bug here:

• CONFCLOUD-65020 No error message when adding a Space Shortcut with link longer than 255 characters

Therefore, I have created the following feature request:

If you vote on the request, you will receive updates going forward on any progress.

Unfortunately there's no workaround at this time, so I would recommend that you generate a short URL using a service such as TinyURL.com or Tiny.cc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Markus Keßler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 13, 2021

Hi @Shannon S,

as I try to use weblink to provide a mail template for some documented steps with mailto: incl. subject cc and also a defined body the 255 characters are really a bit short.

Is there an other - maybe better way - to do this aside using weblink and mailto?

Regards,

Markus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events