Make a hidden space, only accessible with direct link

Dira October 24, 2016

Hello.
I'd like to make som spaces for customers that an anonymous user can view.
But I don't want them to show up in the space directory or side bar.

I want them to only be available for the anonymous user through a direct link. Is this possible? 

2 answers

0 votes
Dira October 24, 2016

The problem is I don't want anonymous users to see a list of spaces.

I've already done what you suggested, and then the 3-4 spaces I have that are accessible for anonymous users are listed in the left side panel. And the anonymous users can also view the space directory and see all spaces available to the anonymous user.

I don't want the anonymous users to be able to do this.
I'm looking for a way to either specify, pr space, if the space should be listed in the space directory.
Or just a way to hide the left side panel + space directory for anonymous users.

That way, a direct link would be the only way an anonymous user can access any spaces. 

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Ah, ok.  Well, you can configure the side bar to basically show nothing, but it used to be the case that you couldn't hide the space directory in Confluence Cloud.

However - and I've not tried this myself - you might find this helpful....

How to hide the "spaces"-Button in Confluence Cloud

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2016

Also, if you want the people directory hidden, I believe that can also be done, but you have to ask Atlassian to do it for you.  I think that's an On/Off scenario though, not hiding it for particular user groups like Anonymous users, but it's worth asking them.

Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2016

I think you might be trying to hide the unhideable!

Whilst you might be able to hide the Anonymous access Spaces from the left navigation pane, clearly someone could "google" them by means of the URL ... that is the point of Anonymous access that anyone can see/discover the Spaces basically as a "normal" web page

Dira October 25, 2016

It's not a problem that a smart user can google them.

I just want to hide all spaces and space related menus from anonymous users.

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2016

Yes, it's possible.

The simplest way would be to make the space(s) only visible to Anonymous users (and admins, of course).  That way they wouldn't show in the space directory for ordinary users.  You can use a direct link to the home page of the space, or whatever page in the space you want to link to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events