Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailto url opens in a browser and not Outlook

Aparna Ganesan March 28, 2023

Hi,

I'm quite new to Confluence and having a hard time trying to figure out the mailto url link. I had given an email address in that field but when someone clicks on that email link, it opens a new browser but I want it to open in Outlook. I googled and tried to find articles and videos but couldn't find any. Wanted to see if I can get any help here. Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2023

Hi @Aparna Ganesan your operating system usually controls the mailto link behavior, though your browser could override it. 

Set/verify the OS default

For Windows open Settings > Apps Default apps and set Outlook as the Email default app.

Verify the browser isn't overriding the OS

For Edge open Settings > Cookies and site permissions > Protocol handlers. Under Handlers for email links, click the 3 dot (...) menu and remove any "Default" entry that's not Outlook. The steps will be similar for Chrome/Firefox/Safari, Google for the instructions if needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events