Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mails are not received from Viewport Form feedback

Maria Petkova October 4, 2022

I use Scroll Viewport for publishing the Help Page. I created a Feedback Form for my Help Page. In my feedback form, I use Viewport Form with formHandler = email, and the required e-mail address is correct (I checked it several times)
Everything went well when I tried to submit a feedback form, and even a successful message was displayed. Unfortunately, the email with the feedback itself was not received. 

Do you have any idea what should be fixed to receive the feedback emails?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2022

The first question is, do you receive any other emails from that instance? Or, are we sure it's just for the plugin but mails otherwise are working?

If it's just the plugin - you might want to get in touch with the vendor, because the plugin has it's own implementation in the code on obtaining the smtp server and sending of the mail, and they likely might have some log statements you could use to find more.

If it's no emails at all, it's probable that either this is some staging instance, and you might have notification disabled by JVM arguments (https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/e-mail-notifications-not-working-test-e-mails-working-785618410.html), or there is no valid smtp server configured to begin with.

Usually the first thing I check with missing emails, when it's "one missing but otherwise fine" is if those emails were sent by the app to begin with - by looking at the logs of mail server if it received the mail from confluence, and if it sent out anything to the recipient. If it did, we know the app is fine and the problem is elsewhere, if it didn't, we know it's a problem in Confluence.

Although this depends a bit on whether you have access to such logs or know who to talk to.

0 votes
Maria Petkova October 6, 2022

Hi, @Radek Dostál,

Thanks a lot for the exhaustive answer.

After you pointed it out I realize that I do not receive any emails from this environment.

And, yes, there is no server configured.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events