Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macros stop working

Sandy Johnson November 15, 2016

Has anyone experience macro behavior where some macros stop working while other continue to function as they are suppose to? And not on all pages. For example, in recent days, the TOC macro has stopped working on a number of pages, but not all. Then is will start working again, only to stop the next day. See the screen shot below. I'm using Confluence version 5.8.13

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Sandy

image2016-11-15 18:52:5.png

3 answers

0 votes
Sandy Johnson November 16, 2016

Julia - thanks I'll have my support team give this a try

Rob - We are an IE only shop. However, I did discover that I I edit and save the page the problem would go away, but only for that page of course.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2016

Hi Sandy,

If it helps, this is the supported browsers page.  There are a number of IE and Edge notes that might be useful for you. More than a few answers on this forum include "try a browser that's not IE" and end up solving the problem.  I've got absolutely no axe to grind with IE or Microsoft, but if there is any way you can move/allow your users to access Atlassian on Firefox, Safari or Chrome then in general you and they will have a better experience.

But if you can't, this forum is always available smile

Sandy Johnson November 17, 2016

Thanks, so the odd thing is that we've been on this version of Confluence for almost a year and on IE 11 longer than that and this problem only started occurring within the last 2-3 weeks.

0 votes
Julia Erdel November 15, 2016

Hey Sandy,

we have often the issue connected to Java. So we have to restart and delete the plugin-cache to fix it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-clear-confluence-plugins-cache-297664846.html

I hope that will solve your problem.

Regards,

Julia

0 votes
Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2016

I've experienced something similar and equally intermittent and random.  All I can tell you is that we discovered that it only happened on Firefox and not on Chrome, so our workaround was for Firefox users to switch to Chrome if they were having problems on a particular page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events