MacOS - Atlassian Companion leaves behind dozens of orphan login items

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2019

Atlassian Companion leaves behind dozens of orphan login items.  Does anyone know how to prevent this annoying issue from occurring?

See the "Users and Groups" screenshot from System Preferences.

Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.

screenshot_2201.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Michael,

I'm running Mojave 10.14.3, and I only have one Atlassian Companion login item:

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 12.28.24 PM.png

I'm not sure what would have caused your Mac to create so many, but I'm not able to replicate the issue.

Can you confirm that you've only ever installed the Companion App once? Something like that could occur if you installed and uninstalled the app a few times.

Are all the login items appearing like that? They usually appear as Unknown if the application has been installed. If it has been uninstalled, remove all duplicate login items, and reinstall the app once, and let me know how your login items look.

Regards,

Shannon

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2019

Shannon -

Thanks for replying.

I've only installed it once or twice but I had several dozen entries.

However after re-installing and deleting all of the rogue login items, the issue has not returned. So, let's see how it goes!

Michael

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for confirming that, Michael! Do let us know if you see it again.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events