Lucidchart add-on compatibility with Confluence 8.0?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

Anyone able to get the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector working on Confluence 8.0.x?

It's crashing on Confluence startup, and we haven't figured out a workaround of any kind.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

A version of the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector add-on for Confluence 8.x was released today!

Hopefully that does the trick for me, and for all other affected customers.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

Scratch that, the Marketplace listing now says 7.x now. Boo! 😭

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2023

Confirmed the Marketplace listing is now for 8.x (thanks @Morten Stensgaard !)

The updated add-on works like a charm. 🪄

0 votes
Morten Stensgaard January 25, 2023

Same issue here on Confluence 8.0.2 - @Dave Liao Did you find a solution to this issue?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2023

@Morten Stensgaard - Unfortunately no workarounds yet.

Definitely contact Lucid about it - I already let them know about this Atlassian Community thread.

Morten Stensgaard February 13, 2023

@Dave Liao  Already reached out to Lucid Support - They said that there is no time estimation for a resolution. I even put a bad review on Marketplace now, hence we are dependent on the addon for being able to Upgrade to Confluence 8.0.x for security reasons.

It's been more than 2 months now.....and +30.000 Installs......I'm wondering why a lot more customers are not complaining about this!? - Suspect this to be maybe only affect a subset of customers.

I'll let you know, if we get a resolution/workaround here........but we are currently blocked from upgrading :-(

Morten Stensgaard February 14, 2023

@Dave Liao 

Got this yesterday from Lucid Support after asking for a status:
Our Development Team have informed me this is one of their top priorities. They are unable to provide a precise timeline, though their goal is to have this finished before the end of Q1.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2023

I’m surprised that they seem to be caught off guard about this, hopefully they get a fix out soon.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2023

@Morten Stensgaard - a version of the Lucidchart Diagrams Connector add-on for Confluence 8.x was released today: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/350288/lucidchart-diagrams-connector/version-history

Hopefully this works for you!

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Morten Stensgaard February 23, 2023

@Dave Liao - Thanks for reachingout - 1.25.3 is still only compatible with version 7.20.3 according to the Marketplace listings.

Double-checked compatibility(hence Marketplace listing might be technically incorrect) by uninstalling and installed the addon again....... Still not working - I can't Enable it.......

lucidchart.jpg

lucidchart2.jpg

So we're not there just yet.......

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

What errors are you seeing in the logs?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 23, 2023

@Morten Stensgaard - I got excited because the Marketplace listing said 8.x yesterday for a few hours. Lucid got back to me and said it's definitely not yet compatible with 8.x yet.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
Morten Stensgaard March 21, 2023

@Dave Liao - New version with support for 8.x is now out ;-)

Like Dave Liao likes this
0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2022

@Dave Liao What errors are you seeing in the logs?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 31, 2022

@Brant Schroeder - howdy Brant!

org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'serverDiagramImporter': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through constructor parameter 0; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'lucidClient': Lookup method resolution failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to introspect Class [com.lucidchart.confluence.plugins.client.LucidClient] from ClassLoader [com.lucidchart.confluence.plugins.lucid-confluence [302]]
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2023

@Dave Liao have you cleared the plugin cache to see if that will resolve the issue?

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2023

I'll give this a try and report back! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events