Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost documentation. Auto-saving

Carla Woodgate April 10, 2017

The following is a frequent occurance:  Team members will be documenting in Confluence when for one reason or another, the system crashes.  We try to retrieve any drafts saved, but there won't be any.  Is there a way to restore work that isn't saving as a draft or auto-saving in the document?

1 answer

0 votes
Marcelo Horlle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hey Carla,

Try creating a new page in the same space as the one you were editing, in case anything got save before the crash, Confluence will ask you if you want to restore this draft. You can also attempt to click on your User Name in the upper right corner and then click on Drafts. It will show all that was saved as a draft before the crash. In case none of them showed anything, I am afraid that you won't be able to recover your work. :(

Just a suggestion from my end, regarding the crash, it would be interesting to open a ticket with support to get your logs and setup reviewed. At this point, I'd say that is more important to fix the error itself then thinking about a workaround to get your pages back. You can contact support here.

Hope it helps! Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events