Looking for user experiences running AntiVirus to Scan Attachments

We're exploring confluence server configurations and want to use AV software to scan attachments.

I'm looking for advice/experience in setting up AV software for that purpose.

Example questions I have....

• What is your confluence setup? single server, cluster, specs of server?
  • What are you scanning?
  • Location of the data you're scanning, network, local?
  • How frequently are you scanning?
  • Are you running the AV application locally on the confluence server?
  • Are you experiencing performance issues?
  • Any tuning tips? etc.

4 answers

1 vote

Hi Doung,

I haven't ran into many customers that are doing this. We did have a feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4731 but we received very little taction for it and don't consider it to be as strategic. You might want to reach out ot one of our partners (linked off the ticket) if you are looking into something like this. They may have implemented something similar for customers.

Answer from Tim Brigham via ServerFault:

I don't bother when running an internal wiki or when using a Linux box. I should probably use clamav on the upload folder...

If I were running a publicly available instance on a Windows box I would set it up just like any other web server. For the attachment folder set up the scans on write and a rare (weekly, monthly, etc) full scan and do a scan on each write.

0 votes

Correctly setting up and running an antivirus scan on your computer is one of the best starting defenses for keeping your system free of malicious software. For more information visit at:-  https://www.quickbookstechnicalsupport.co.uk

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,095 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you