Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for user access statistics

hans-peter.geier September 8, 2011

Hi, I'm attempting to find out how frequent my users are accessing Confluence, and which pages.

There are some useful plugins or macros which provide something similar, but not precisely what I'm looking for.

e.g there is {topusers} - kinda what I'm looking for, but it shows only the top-10 viewers, but it has no option to increase the '10' to a higher value.

there is "contributor-summary" which breaks down on each individual page - but it does only list contributers, not viewers.

there is "tracking-table", but this just access numbers but no names.

Is there anything available like "topusers" or "contributor-summary" which shows me the view of pages (or other objects) along with the viewer names?

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2013

The Google Analytics for Confluence plugin now displays data on who has viewed a page:

Importantly, this is done without sending personally indentifiable information to Google Analytics, so complies with the Google Analytics terms of service.

The Mixpanel Engagement Analytics add-on will also let you track all wiki activity.

It's available on the AppFusions website here:
http://www.appfusions.com/display/CONFENGAGE/Home

Also, here's a quick video demo I did this week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enx3VJQb_xc

Disclosure: I'm the add-on author for both of these.

Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

AppFusions is no longer on Marketplace. What happened?

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2014

AppFusions add-ons are now available from the AppFusions website rather than Marketplace -- fully supported and regularly updated.

1 vote
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

There's also the Piwik server -- http://piwik.org/

Kavita Parab July 17, 2013

Jim, could you please tell how is your experience with Piwik? I am thinking of exploring it.

1 vote
Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2011

You could hook Confluence up to a web analytics package and track users that way.

I've previously used Webtrends to record metrics such as page/blogpost views, edits, deletes, attachment downloads against users and built reports based on these.

You can report across the wiki or specific to a space.

Other web analytics packages should do this, e.g. Coremetrics or Omniture. Alas, Google Analytics will not permit you to track identifiable users using personally identifiable information (PII).

Colm Byrne September 8, 2011

There is a version of google analytics available as a plug-in I thought. Is this not true?

Marketplace Partner
September 8, 2011

Yes. There's the Google Analytics Plugin for Confluence. Check the video.

Disclosure: I wrote the plugin :)

1 vote
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

It's kind of heavy, but you can implement the Community Equity server and install the Community Equity Confluence Plugin

I've experimented with it and we may end up rolling it out once other things get taken care of. I've checked out the source at http://kenai.com/projects/community-equity/ and the plugin is pretty well up to date.

The installation instructions are relatively straightforward, though it deploys on Glassfish 2 instead of Glassfish 3.

0 votes
Vincent Lecomte April 12, 2012

Hi,

I have the same need, to be able to build metrics on which pages are viewed by users.

Can this info be accessed directly through queries to the confluence database objects ? If so, in which table the 'viewed' data could be found (I did not find anything on it in the database model) ?

discountrobot
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2014

This should be available (to some extent) somehwere as the REST api implements a "recently viewed" method.

http://localhost:1990/confluence/rest/recentlyviewed/1.0/recent

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events