Livesearch Label not searching within documents

Farhad Raja October 16, 2017

I've setup live search and set  restricted label to search.

It searches the document but will not find the same documents if I were to search for a specific word  within the docs.

Removing the  restrict Label search works fine. Can you please help?

2 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

I understand you are using the Livesearch Macro and the search results are not being returned as expected when you restrict by label.

I tested and I also got a different search result when I restricted by label. The difference was that both the word I searched for and the label had to be present on the page to be in the results when I restrict by label. This is the expected behavior. Please let me know the results you expect versus what you are getting.

If you add more context about what you are using the Livesearch macro to achieve, it may help me understand your case better. I am happy to help.

Farhad Raja October 17, 2017

Thank you for your response. 

As an example I would create a page and attach several documents to a page.

Using live search I would search for a specific word  and the documents containing the word will be presented .

I'll attach a label to that page and restrict my live search to that label. When searching for that same word it will not show any documents.

Ann as you've suggested this is expected behaviour , are you able to suggest any alternatives to narrow down the search to specific selected pages.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2017

I did some more testing based on your update and what I found out was that the attachments have to be labeled to be found by the Livesearch macro when it's restricted by label.  So if I label the just page, the page will be found but not the attachment. If I label the attachment itself, then it shows in the Livesearch results.

If labeling the attachments is not an option, then perhaps some other common attribute besides label could be identified, it would be convenient if the pages were all in the same space for example. For alternatives, there are a lot of ways to filter using the <Base_URL>/dosearchsite.action: Advanced Searching using CQL With the CQL searches the creator, type of page, etc can be filtered.

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 16, 2017

Farhad,

To be clear, are you referring to specific document attachments within the Confluence page, or are you referring to the pages as documents? 

Can you give us examples of something it found when the label was not restricted vs restricted?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events