I am experiencing a weird issue with Confluence 4.1.4 with the Livesearch macro. Basically, what happens is whenever I go through the proper steps on the WYSIWYG editor to add the macro, it does so successfully. I do not give the search box an ID (it's the only one on the page), but I do specify it to search one specific space. In this case, when I search for Knowledge Base, one of our spaces and select it, it then changes the text to the shortname KB.
In this preview box within the macro setup, when I do a search, I get results fed back to be live without any issues. However, when I then confirm the macro, and confirm the page changes, the search does not work on the actual page. No live results are brought back, and when I attempt to hit Go to get a search results page, it just gives the message You must enter a search term.
What might I be doing wrong and what can I check to ensure no issues going forward?
Sometimes its also worth simplifying the situation a little to understand what's going on, so why not try removing the parameter to search on a specific space - let the search go across the entire wiki. Does it work now?
What theme is being used for the space with this page and your live search macro? Shouldn't make a difference, but extra info would be useful.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs