List all space administrators

Hi,

We are upgrading a confluence instance, and we would like to send all space administrators a mail asking them to validate the result on the staging server.

I'm wondering if there is somewhere a simple macro / plugin which provides this functionality.

3 answers

1 accepted

Hey Francis,

I found a way to get all space administrators for all spaces. Added it as a KB article here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+Do+I+View+a+List+of+All+Space+Administrators+for+All+Spaces

Modified the source from the link given by Diallo earlier. What I do notice though, is that the permissionHelper seems to be affected by this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-18104

Which means that the permission checks via Velocity might not be accurate (I noticed that it seems to only fetch users that are members of confluence-administrators, regardless of individual permissions set in the space's permissions).

Anyway, do give it a try!

Foogie

Hi,

Thanks for it - we tried that one but ran into a performance issue. Expect to brew some cans of coffee when you have like 4000 users, and 90 spaces.

Francis

I just came accross this discussion regarding this concern. Hope that helps.

That's cool. I need a distinct list of all space administrators in all spaces, but that's a small extention.

Thanks,

Regarding the performance issues of the atlassian KB provided macro.  I re-wrote it to drastically improve the performance of the macro by only iterating through the spaces and only getting the distinct administrators from each space.  Below is my new macro code which i thought i should share so that others can benefit from this:

## Macro title: Space Administrators
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: Andrew Frayling
## Modified by: Adam Barylak
## Date created: 21/03/2012
## Date modified: 7/23/2017
## Installed by: <your name>
## Macro to display a list of space administrators
## @noparams
#set($containerManagerClass = $content.class.forName('com.atlassian.spring.container.ContainerManager'))
#set($getInstanceMethod = $containerManagerClass.getDeclaredMethod('getInstance',null))
#set($containerManager = $getInstanceMethod.invoke(null,null))
#set($containerContext = $containerManager.containerContext)
#set($spaces = $spaceManager.getAllSpaces())
<table class="aui aui-table-interactive">
<tr>
<th class="confluenceTh">Space</th><th class="confluenceTh">Administrator(s)</th>
</tr>
#foreach($spacer in $spaces)
#if (!$spacer.isPersonal())
<tr>
<td class="confluenceTd"><a href="$req.contextPath/display/$spacer.key">$spacer.name</a></td><td class="confluenceTd"><ul>
#set($administrators = $spaceManager.getSpaceAdmins($spacer))
#foreach($admin in $administrators)
<li>#usernameLink($admin.name)</li>
#end
</ul>
</td>
</tr>
#end
#end
</table>

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,811 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you