Links broken after server rename

Russell Johnson December 12, 2018

Hello,

I recently renamed my atlassian servers.  I fixed the application links and the base urls for each application that we have licensed (jira, confluence, bamboo, crucible). 

My problem is that some of the links in Confluence are still broken.  The specific links are the Project Image for each Confluence project.  The Sidebar link to Jira from each Confluence project and the body links for the Jira Documentation and Item Specification on each Confluence Project home page.  

Can these links be renamed all at once in the database?  I would prefer that over updating all 120 links manually.

Thanks,

-Russell

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2018

Hello there Russell!
Good to know that you were able to rename all your products with no major hiccup.
In Confluence, we have two types of links:

- Hard Links
- Soft Links

The Hard Links are created when a full link is pasted directly into the editor and then published. Something like https://mysite.com/my/content. Those will not update when changing Base URL of your instance.
The Soft Links are created when using the link tool in Confluence. Those will update after the Base URL change.

You can take a look at our documentation about links here:

Confluence Server - Links

For fixing the Hard Links, we have this article:

How to I replace all Hard Links to my old Base URL

For links from outside Confluence, you can change them manually in your database. However, we strongly advise you to before any of this, backup your database and also test the procedure on a test instance before applying to your production.

Further, could you clarify what are the sidebar links to Jira and also the item specification you mentioned earlier? Are those links that you manually inserted in Confluence?

Let us know if this helps out!

Russell Johnson December 14, 2018

Thanks for the information.  I decided to just update each link manually.  

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2018

Thanks for updating us with your decision Russell!

If you ever need assistance or need to address some questions, rest assured that the Community will always be open.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events