Linked databases

Ksenia April 14, 2021

Hey guys,

How can I make linked databases (tables) in Confluence?
Example: I have one Page 1 with a source database and I want this table to be displayed on Pages 2 and 3 with different filters.

How can I do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hello there!

That is interesting usage of tables @Ksenia. Tables in Confluence do not cover all the use cases that we might see in proper table management software, such as Excel or Numbers. 

Currently, filtering is not available for tables in Confluence. You can check further details about table usage in Confluence here:

Format your page - Tables

The filter of table content has been suggested some time ago. You can check the suggestion here:

CONFCLOUD-32197 - Ability to filter table contents

However, you can reference a single page or page section in another page with the usage of either the Page Include macro or the pair of macros Excerpt and Excerpt Include:

Some third-party table apps may help you with the more complex use cases for tables. You can check our Marketplace for options:

Atlassian Marketplace - Table

Let us hear from you!

Ksenia May 5, 2021

Thanks a lot, Diego! You helped me a lot! Will try them all and come back to you with an update!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events