Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link text not showing properly

Emely Middelkoop February 4, 2020

Hi all,

up til now, whenever I pasted a link to another Confluence page, it would always change the url into the proper title of that page.

But since of today, the pasted link is not changing into the title, showing just the url. I will have to edit the title (name) of the link manually. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?  Can provide some screenshots if needed. Thanks in advance for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2020

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 9.22.00 AM.png

Emely,

Are you selecting --> Insert Link, then --> Advanced to enter the links?

Victor

Emely Middelkoop February 25, 2020

I use both. When I use <insert link>, I have to manually edit the link text.

When I paste the link on the page itself, it appears sometimes as the right page and sometimes as the url, as the screenshot above shows.

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2020

Emely,

Please take a screenshot to better elaborate what you want solved.

Victor

Emely Middelkoop February 7, 2020

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply. Here is a screenshot.

You see the 3 links: the upper 2, the link name automatically changed into the relevant page name.

This all of a sudden stopped. So now when pasting a link from another page, it shows the url, as shown in the 3rd link. It then needs to be manually edited into the page name.  Hope you can help. Error confluence.JPG

Emely Middelkoop February 25, 2020

@Victor Mutambuki [Mumo Systems]  Hi Victor, It's been a while, issue did not show up last 2 weeks, until today again. Hope you can help. 

Parminder Grewal September 8, 2020

I am having something simialr issue, where if i copy paste the Confluence URL into TFS its not behaving like Link to click and launch. 

Parminder Grewal September 8, 2020

But if i copy it into Onenote and again copy and Paste into TFS it works. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events