Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link/show Office Excel Macros embedded in several Conflunece pages on one single Confluence Page

Gregor Balsiger June 7, 2021

I got several Office Excel Macros on several Confluence pages (each of them in a different project space) and wish to have one additional Confluence page where I could see and acces these Excelsheets just in the same way as I can do it on their origin pages, for that would give me a great overview about the content of these Excelsheets. I wish to see the images / acces to the Excelsheets as described above rather than just have hyperlinks to the specific Confluence pages. Is there a way to do so? Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 8, 2021

I think you can simply use Excerpt include macro.

1. Create a new excerpt in the source page.
  2. Put the attachments inside the macro
  3. Refer to this excerpt in the destination page.

I had created this video a few days back, for a similar use case (The spreadsheet app is Addteq's Excellentable), but in case you want to use it with normal attachments it should work too 

You should be able to do access control as well using this tool.

Gregor Balsiger June 9, 2021

Thank you, that's what I'm looking for, kind regards to all

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2021

Hi @Gregor Balsiger

We can suggest using our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence - to collect the original tables, links and additional information about your Excel macros on the one Confluence page.

The app is mostly used for table filtration, data aggregation and visualization, but it also provides the Table Excerpt/Table Excerpt Include macros that can collect multiple-row tables across your Confluence instance.

Wrap your Excel macro into the Table Excerpt macro and assign a unique across other Excerpts, but the same for each Excel macro name ("123" for my example):

Thu 4-2.png

The Table Excerpt macro won't be visible when you publish your page:

Thu 4-1.png

Then go to the page where you want to collect all the Excel macros and use the Table Excerpt Include macro:

Thu 4-3.png

Here you need to specify the Excerpt's name ("123" for my example) and where to search for the Excerpts (you'll have several options to choose from).

You may also choose what meta data to show: link to the page containing your Excel macro, its parent page, space, label, etc.

Thu 4-4.png

Hope this may help your case.

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hello Gregor,

If you look at the Hierarchical File System Attachment Storage for Confluence, it will give you a sense of how attachments are stored in Confluence. In theory, you can link multiple pages to one attachment. For instructions on how to do so, see this Atlassian documentation. If this does not solve the issue according to your requirements (or would like to automate the process), please let me know and I will look deeper into the question.

Regards,

Hyrum

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events