Link broken after renaming a page

Chaya Ndiaye July 12, 2017

Hello,

We have updated the name of a page and its link was automatically renamed.  Is it possible to redirect the old link to the new one?

We would like to avoid having to change a lot a documents that refer to the old link.

Using Conluence 5.10

Thanks.

2 answers

1 vote
Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

Dear Chaya,

I assume that you have that many links to the specific page that it would take forever to search and replace them. (You could for example just copy those links to an editor and search+replace them there).

So knowing that, in this scenario we can use a trick that I have used before for replacing all hard links on pages to the base URL. You can find the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-replace-all-hard-links-to-my-old-base-url-284366235.html

Do the options in the above documentation correspond to your scenario?

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy Mooiman

Chaya Ndiaye July 13, 2017

Dear Jeremy,

We did not change the base URL just one specific page. I'll try the plugin.

Thanks 

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2017

If they are external documents, and you really need to redirect the old link to the new one, you can create a page with the old name and include a macro from the Redirection plugin to automatically redirect to the new page.

Chaya Ndiaye July 13, 2017

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events