It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Link Text is not shown probperly

Philipp I'm New Here Apr 07, 2020

Hi,

since yesterday the link function shows unwanted results. I mark a text and try to place a linked page behind, but than the text get overwritten by the title of the page im linking. To keep the text as it was written before I have to manually re-write it. This is very enoying. 

I restarted the Computer, I logged OFF and ON again on Jira, etc. I even tested another browser (Chrom -> Safari). Nothing helps!!

This is making my work interlinking a huge document to a pain in the neck. The big frustration is that it worked well for 3 days and now it suddenly does not work anymore. The incident situation from the last night did not solve it as well. 

I do not even know how to report this bug. I always get directed into this community. 

So can someone help me out with this?

2 answers

0 votes
Diego Atlassian Team Apr 14, 2020

Hello @Philipp ! I see that you are having problems with the creation of links based on selected text in a Confluence page.

I tried to replicate the behavior described by you but was ultimately unable to. Here is what I see when I create a link by selecting text:

Screen-Recording-2020-04-14-at-1.gif

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

  1. Is this behavior happening in Confluence or Jira?
  2. Is this affecting any other user, other than yourself?
  3. Is this happening in all pages in Confluence?

 

Let us hear from you!

0 votes

Hello

I have the same issue on a specific page of our Confluence server for some months now.

On a document that is regularly edited by different users of Confluence, some link to an anchor of the current page have their text changed without our intervention.

Let me give you an example: on the page named 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart', I've placed some anchor in the document(DCO, CTM...) and then created links to those anchor by clicking on Insert Link, going to advanced tab, writing '#DCO' (no quotes) in the Link field and 'DCO' in the Link Text field.

When I publish the page, at first there are no issue, the link displays 'DCO' but after a while and without any modification of the page, the page display 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart#DCO' for everyone, and we have to change the text manually. It does not occur on every link, but a large proportion of them.

I tried changing the Link location to 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart#DCO' instead of just the anchor name, but it still regularly occurs.

 

To my knowledge, this only occurred on a specific page for now.

 

Do you have any knowledge of this issue or any way to correct it?

 

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,340 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you