Link Text is not shown probperly

Philipp April 7, 2020

Hi,

since yesterday the link function shows unwanted results. I mark a text and try to place a linked page behind, but than the text get overwritten by the title of the page im linking. To keep the text as it was written before I have to manually re-write it. This is very enoying. 

I restarted the Computer, I logged OFF and ON again on Jira, etc. I even tested another browser (Chrom -> Safari). Nothing helps!!

This is making my work interlinking a huge document to a pain in the neck. The big frustration is that it worked well for 3 days and now it suddenly does not work anymore. The incident situation from the last night did not solve it as well. 

I do not even know how to report this bug. I always get directed into this community. 

So can someone help me out with this?

2 answers

0 votes
Clément Perche September 9, 2020

Hello

I have the same issue on a specific page of our Confluence server for some months now.

On a document that is regularly edited by different users of Confluence, some link to an anchor of the current page have their text changed without our intervention.

Let me give you an example: on the page named 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart', I've placed some anchor in the document(DCO, CTM...) and then created links to those anchor by clicking on Insert Link, going to advanced tab, writing '#DCO' (no quotes) in the Link field and 'DCO' in the Link Text field.

When I publish the page, at first there are no issue, the link displays 'DCO' but after a while and without any modification of the page, the page display 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart#DCO' for everyone, and we have to change the text manually. It does not occur on every link, but a large proportion of them.

I tried changing the Link location to 'Clinical Operations Organizational Chart#DCO' instead of just the anchor name, but it still regularly occurs.

To my knowledge, this only occurred on a specific page for now.

Do you have any knowledge of this issue or any way to correct it?

Thanks

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hello @Philipp ! I see that you are having problems with the creation of links based on selected text in a Confluence page.

I tried to replicate the behavior described by you but was ultimately unable to. Here is what I see when I create a link by selecting text:

Screen-Recording-2020-04-14-at-1.gif

With this in mind, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. Is this behavior happening in Confluence or Jira?
  2. Is this affecting any other user, other than yourself?
  3. Is this happening in all pages in Confluence?

Let us hear from you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events