Link Status Macro accross pages

Hello,

I am developping a dashboard that keeps track of status of various items. At the same time, I would need to have that status in other pages throughout confluence.

Is there a way to have a unique status macro that is replicated in other pages, such as if I change the status macro in the dashboard, that change is applied to all the other copied versions of it?

1 answer

1 vote
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Aug 01, 2017

It sounds like you could use the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros to accomplish this. I look forward to hearing whether they work for your use case.

Actually that's almost that!

The problem is that with Excerpt I can have only 1 excerpt by page (When I do Excerpt include, it just picks the first one), or I am missing something?

That did the trick - thanks a lot !

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

399 views 17 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you