Link Status Macro accross pages

tlambot July 28, 2017

Hello,

I am developping a dashboard that keeps track of status of various items. At the same time, I would need to have that status in other pages throughout confluence.

Is there a way to have a unique status macro that is replicated in other pages, such as if I change the status macro in the dashboard, that change is applied to all the other copied versions of it?

2 answers

1 vote
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2017

It sounds like you could use the Excerpt and Excerpt Include macros to accomplish this. I look forward to hearing whether they work for your use case.

tlambot August 2, 2017

Actually that's almost that!

The problem is that with Excerpt I can have only 1 excerpt by page (When I do Excerpt include, it just picks the first one), or I am missing something?

Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

The Excerpt Macro can only have one. There are add-ons on the Atlassian Marketplace that support multi-excerpts.

tlambot August 2, 2017

That did the trick - thanks a lot !

0 votes
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2022

Hi there,

Another idea here is to use the combination of the Page Properties and Page Properties Report macros. You can use them to collect the information from multiple pages on one dashboard.

If you reuse the same status values for your workflow, Handy Macros for Confluence could help you save time working with statuses. It allows to switch statuses in the page view mode and create predefined status sets to choose from 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events