Licensing is counting 11 active users even though only 10 users are in the can-use grous

Jacob Breiting Sönnichsen January 17, 2022

Hi Atlassian,

We are having an issue with the license count on our Confluence server. It is counting 11 users and blocking users from editing even though only 10 users are in can-use groups (confluence-users and confluence administrators). As per a the faq suggestion regarding incorrect licensing count, I have removed all inactive accounts from these groups as well, but it is still counting 11 users.

Kind regards,

Jacob

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jacob Breiting Sönnichsen January 18, 2022

I found a solution. I could get a list of counted users using this guide from Atlassian: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-get-a-list-of-active-users-counting-towards-the-confluence-license-298978076.html

Found out, that there was a user existing within Confluence only (amongst the zillion of other users visible in User management in Confluence), that had access. All other users are having their access controlled from the Jira user management interface.

/Jacob

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2022

Hey @Jacob Breiting Sönnichsen ,

Do you maybe have a screenshot of the application access groups? 

Could it be that someone added a different group to the application access groups? 

Jacob Breiting Sönnichsen January 18, 2022

Hi Dirk,

Where can I take a screenshot of this for Confluence? I can see this for Jira Service Management and Jira Software. No groups are assigned here.

Best.

Jacob

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events