Learning management systems with/for Confluence

Dear All,

We would like to extend our usage of the Confluence (currently we are using it as a knowledge base) with providing our user with a e-learning environment.

Do you have any experience with using an e-learning system in conjuction with Confluence?

or do you have any experience integration an e-learning system with Confluence?

We are basically shopping around for now in order to not to invent the wheel one more time.

Hypothetically, money is not a problem. Any help, suggestion, experience, do's and don't's will be highly appreciate it.

Cheers,

Selcuk

3 answers

1 accepted

Hallo Selcuk

This add-on looks promising for your needs:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.edubrite.confluence.plugins.gilly

Quoting from the add-on's description:

"Gilly integrates EduBrite training and assessment platform with Confluence to allow online courses, tests (quizzes), surveys and assessments to be delivered within Confluence."

I'd be interested to know what you think of it.

Cheers, Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for you prompt response.

We are currently investigation Gilly as it seems the only one available at the moment for Confluence. It seems OK for first glance but we need to dig deeper.

But onthe other hand our company has an existing LMS (Plateau) and we need to investigate the integration with it as well.

I'll post our opinions when we mature them.

Cheers,

Selcuk

Hi Sarah,

We decided to use articulate and put the outcome file into Confluence server and embed an iframe into the relevant pages as the Phase 1.

We haven't decide to the wat to go for the Phase 2 which requires user interaction.

Cheers,

Selcuk

I too have been looking at Articulate

Hi Carla,
I suggest you investigate the use of Learn Up for Confluence.

Cheers

Hello,

You can create assessments and tests using the Quizzes for Confluence add-on.

Quizzes can be used on their own for such use cases as assessment of job applicants. And as a part of a training course created right in Confluence using powerful capabilities of the wiki - e.g. for employee training. 

With this add-on you can basically make a simple LMS from your Confluence. 

Related posts:

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

Hi Selcuk,
If your request is still up to date I suggest you try out Learn Up for Confluence.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

329 views 18 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you