Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large pages in the Cloud are slow to use and worse when screen is shared over Google Meets

ftong November 12, 2020

Hi,

I have a page in Confluence Cloud that has a title and a table with 544 rows, 11 columns.  It's tedious to use because it's so slow to load and very slow when editing.  We do a lot of waiting for the page to update, a row of cells to highlight, text to show up, etc.  It's even worse during a meeting where I screenshare with my teammates.  We switched back to Excel and Google Sheets on Google Drive for productivity's sake.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks for your help!

3 answers

0 votes
Benjamin Horst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2021

Same goes for Confluence Server and Google Meet.

Google Meet is eating Performance like mad.

0 votes
Allister Scicluna November 19, 2020

Have tried whitelisting the confluence urls via firewalls such as windows firewall, Kaspersky web internet filtering?

ftong November 19, 2020

Thanks for the suggestion.  Confluence and JIRA, both cloud and server, are in use here but I'll check with my IT group to see if whitelisting is possible.

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2020

Hello @ftong !

This performance issue was being tracked here:

However, our teams are working on several performance improvements. With this in mind, this initial ticket was closed and the performance improvements started being tracked here:

Currently, the best approach would be to vote and watch the report. By watching it, you will be kept up to date with everything posted there.

Let us hear from you!

ftong November 19, 2020

Thanks for your reply.  I should've mentioned that when I'm in the editor, I frequently get a green bar that flashes at the top of the editor that says something like I'm offline then a bar that will flash several seconds later saying I'm back online and then I can continue with whatever I was doing in the editor.  The bar flashes too quickly for me to get a screenshot.  I'll add this to the thread that was referenced above.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events