Landing issue of Space template in Confluence

Priyanka Yadav April 19, 2023

Hey All,

There is an issue I face with 'Space Template' I have created in my work space. Depending on which page my user was on when they clicked on three dots  (...) next to 'Create' button to choose the template, the filled-in template lands at that location and under that hierarchy in page tree. This is not the desired behavior.

I want irrespective of which page a user was on in my space when they went to three dots  (...) next to 'Create' button to launch template, the filled in template should get saved under a particular parent page in my space (for more context: a section I have created to get the submissions through this template)

I know one answer is ensure users are on that parent page when they launch template, but it's not possible for me to enforce that. Any other way this can be solved? 

Regards, 

Priyanka 

1 answer

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Priyanka Yadav 

I don't see a way to restrict the availability of the template, and unless you limit user access to the other spaces, they will be able to create pages in those spaces.

You mention collecting submissions, so it sounds like you're using the template as a form to collect information. What about looking into an app that gives you form features on Confluence? Or what about collecting the information through Jira? It could be a simple Jira Work Management form or a more complete Jira Service Management request. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events