Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labesls creation - Who can create them and how ?

Iuliana Burgi Jurj January 10, 2018

Hello,

I would please have 2 questions related to the creation of labels in Confluence.

I read your article on how to create them and I was able to do it myself in the settings, but I am admin.

My questions are:

1. Can all users (and by this I mean the category confluence users) create labels for their Spaces by modifying the settings of the space ?

2. If we do not modify the setting and we do not create a label, will a part of the name of the space or description be automatically taken and added as a label ?

I am asking the 2nd question because I created a space yesterday, just for trial. I did not added any label, but yet I saw a label to my space.

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hello Iuliana,

I will try to answer your questions:

1. Space Categories/Labels are only able to be changed by space Admins: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/use-labels-to-categorize-spaces-136647.html#UseLabelstoCategorizeSpaces-addcategoryCategorizeaspace

2. Space labels are added automatically also based on the type of space that is created. For example, if you create a space of type "Documentation", then the "documentation" label will be applied automatically. If you choose to use a blank space, then no label should be added. Of course, you can always go and remove the space label after the space has been created if you wish.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2018

Please post a screenshot or two so everyone can understand what you're referring to.

Iuliana Burgi Jurj January 11, 2018

Hello,

Sorry, for sure with print screens it's easier.

Point 1 Screenshot.pngPoint 2 Screenshot.png

Point 2 Screenshot.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events