Labels functionality not working

Matt Holmes December 14, 2012

When creating pages in various spaces, labels are created and are uniform across projects/spaces/etc. Regardless of what labels are used, when searching by label, nothing is found ever - not for that space or any other. Essentially labels are not being recognized at all.

7 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2013

Hi Matt,

If the matter is related to searches not being able to recognize the labels, then I suspect that there could be something wrong with the index. Perhaps you should try rebuilding your index from scratch, and see if the problem persists.

2 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

It does sound like the index is broken. As Joe Wai mentioned, try to rebuild indices from scratch and hopefully that will fix the search of labels.

2 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2012

Hi Matt

Indeed it seems like an unexpected behavior. I suggest you to look at your Confluence Log (atlassian-confluence.log) and search for some error related to "label". If you find some ERROR or Warning related to that, you can check on https://confluence.atlassian.com for it.

0 votes
Guenter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2019

I am currently seeing the same issue in the cloud version. Is there any chance to rebuild the index for the labels there too?

thanks

Guenter

Guenter
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2019

All good. Some magic in the background has solved the issue after some hours.

thanks

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

We're going to be re-indexing at 1800 GMT today. I'll let you know later this evening if this resolves the issue. Cheers.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Thanks for the additional info, I'll get our tech people on to this. Cheers.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Matt,

did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem and was wondering if the logs revealed anything useful.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events