Labels functionality not working

When creating pages in various spaces, labels are created and are uniform across projects/spaces/etc. Regardless of what labels are used, when searching by label, nothing is found ever - not for that space or any other. Essentially labels are not being recognized at all.

6 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2013

Hi Matt,

If the matter is related to searches not being able to recognize the labels, then I suspect that there could be something wrong with the index. Perhaps you should try rebuilding your index from scratch, and see if the problem persists.

Hi Matt

Indeed it seems like an unexpected behavior. I suggest you to look at your Confluence Log (atlassian-confluence.log) and search for some error related to "label". If you find some ERROR or Warning related to that, you can check on https://confluence.atlassian.com for it.

It does sound like the index is broken. As Joe Wai mentioned, try to rebuild indices from scratch and hopefully that will fix the search of labels.

Matt,

did you get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem and was wondering if the logs revealed anything useful.

Cheers

Thanks for the additional info, I'll get our tech people on to this. Cheers.

We're going to be re-indexing at 1800 GMT today. I'll let you know later this evening if this resolves the issue. Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

251 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you