Labels functionality not working in one space

Kathryn Reddie March 27, 2019

We have several spaces, and labels are working in every space except one.  Here's what I've found:

1. 'L' shortcut does not work in space a.

2, 'L' shortcut works in spaces b,c,d.

3. Can edit in space a, and add a label.  When the page is saved, the label disappears.

4.  When I move the page from step 3 in space a to space b, the label appears.

It seems like there is a setting in space a that isn't set the same as the others.

I have tried adding the same category to space a that is in space b, but that doesn't work.  It seemed to be the only thing I could find that was different though.

Thanks in advance.

Kathryn.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hello Kathryn,

Thank you for reaching out! I noticed you raised the same request in Support, and it has since been resolved, so I will leave here the information from my colleague that you said was able to help you, in case other users have the same issue.

Since moving the page to a different Space will then show the applied label correctly, we can confirm that the label is actually added to the page previously and it is just hidden from display. This does sound like some customization applied to the specific space that is blocking the label to be displaying.

There are a few methods we can try to narrow down what is the cause from a few different aspects:

1. Third-Party Plugin
  2. Global or Space Customization
Enabling Safe Mode

Let's try to enable the Safe Mode in Confluence and this will then turn off all the user-installed plugins so we can identify if this behavior is caused by a third-party plugin:

1. Enable Safe Mode for Confluence
  2. Go to space a and check if you can see and add labels

If the label can be viewed and added in Safe Mode, this means one of your third-party plugin is the cause of this behavior and you can then enable the plugins one by one to narrow down which one is causing it.

Identify and Clearing Customization

Next, we'll want to see if there is any special customization that is applied to your Confluence that can cause this behavior. You may refer to the Knowledge Base article below to clear the customization for your Confluence:

To be specific, here is where most of the space customization will be located:

By removing the customization, you can test to edit a label in the problematic space again to see if it is working as expected.

As Safe Mode and Removing Customization can cause a big change to the Confluence, please perform the test in a Test Environment to avoid user impact.

If there's a particular section that helped you the most, please feel free to point it out. :) 

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events