Labels functionality is not working on page

Kylie Wood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2020

When I add any label to a particular page in my confluence cloud space, the page with the label is not being recognised by any macros.

For example if I add a label to this particular page for inclusion in a page properties report, the page will not appear in the report, yet other pages with the same label are appearing in the report ok.

Also when I click on the label, the said page does not appear in the list of pages with that label, even though it clearly has the label. 

4 answers

1 vote
Adnan Vilic January 27, 2021

The closest i get to an answer, is that the site needs to be re-indexed. But I don't see this functionality in confluence cloud.

0 votes
Tanya Katina
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 27, 2023
Faced the same problem.
We assumed that the problem is that labels are used that are nested inside each other. For example, release_n and release_n_m.
If you click on the release_n label, the pages with the release_n and release_n_m labels will be displayed.
If you click on the release_n_m label, the pages displayed by the release_n label will not be displayed.

Get rid of pages with the release_n label by replacing the release_n label with release_n_m.
This partially helped. After the replacement, the part of the pages that worked incorrectly began to work correctly. The rest continued to be displayed with the release_n label and was not displayed with the release_n_m label.
I had to completely remove all their things. Make sure that the release_n label does not display anything, and only after that put the correct labels again.

As a result the following steps may help you:
  1. Find all nested labels.
  2. Design the markup so that nested labels are not used.
  3. Remove all labels that are contained in other more "narrow" ones.
  4. Apply the new markup.
0 votes
Elizabete Šterna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 6, 2021

Hey, I have the same issue. Does anyone know how to solve this?

0 votes
Payal Shah
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 17, 2020

I am having the exact same issue!! Did it resolve for you?

Kylie Wood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 17, 2020

No I haven't been able to resolve the issue unfortunately

Nadeem Zakir November 23, 2021

Facing the same issue on confluence on premise ver 7.13 and 7.14.2 , reindex makes the pages with the labels appear but you cant keep running a reindex to do this.  It should appear instantly.

Like Renee Lyons likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events