It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Labelling a task in Confluence

Is there a way to categorise or label a task list within a page on Confluence?

I'd ideally like to label a list as 'Co-Owned' and then users can search that label and see any tasks that are labelled 'Co-Owned'.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith Community Leader Aug 03, 2018

Hi @Charlie Smith,

Currently we can only use the date and mention funcitonality for a task. 

There was some community feedback on this question noted here: as well https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Is-it-possible-to-categorize-or-label-tasks/qaq-p/3088

Work around: In a few of our spaces, we implemented the use of tables with tasks. The task itself would appear in column A, column B would hold multiple assignees, and column C was our status or label.

• We also wrapped this table with the table filter macro (paid add-on) so we could filter the various columns.

The groups then managed the tasks from that page versus using the "task report macro".

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your workaround Jonathan, that might actually work for us.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my query :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

3,916 views 15 38
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you