Knowledge graph

me December 26, 2020

Hi

How can create knowledge graph in confluence (space,page,people)

Goals:

1-find relationship between people.

2-find relation between pages and spaces.

FYI:please check the attachment to observe some example.

Thanks,

7-jazz-blues.pngknowledge-graph.jpg

0 UHnmMf2e8U9VIV24.png13-db.png

4 answers

0 votes
Alan Rodriguez February 24, 2024

FULL STOP

Why does Atlassian NOT have a plan for "knowledge management" and enable user created and AI Assisted Knowledge Graphs?

The lack of VISION here is enough to BUILD a COMPETITOR

If Atlassian product vision is this lacking - FIND EXPERTS TO HELP

If you want to understand why people would want to use Confluence "knowledge" to create Knowledge Graphs - read this blog post about how YOUR CUSTOMERS could use Confluence to create Knowledge Graphs to POWER their AI driven businesses: https://ontologist.substack.com/p/of-wardley-maps-and-knowledge-graphs?r=1mytm&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

HERE ARE MORE: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7167137462853550080/

YALL NEED TO WAKE UP

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2024

YALL need to wake up and recognise that AI is not ready to do this

0 votes
Hiro Daryanani December 5, 2023

This conversation speaks volumes in that a Confluence Community Leader doesn't have the feintest idea what a Knowledge Graph and why use one. Simple google search reveals....

"Knowledge graphs (KGs) organise data from multiple sources, capture information about entities of interest in a given domain or task (like people, places or events), and forge connections between them. " source

Would be good if Atlassian started to make an effort to keep ahead of the product development curve, or more nimble competitors, like Microsoft, will take over

And this discussion began middle of 2021 - three years ago!!!

NOTHING HAPPENING

0 votes
me June 27, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Actually these entities exist on Confluence database, just query on them and show.

and they made by user activity on question.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2021

That makes no sense, you should not be writing to a Confluence database (you probably shouldn't be reading it either - it's not designed for reporting either)

Exactly - COPOUT

Where's the Product Vision HERE?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2024

What do you mean by "product vision"?

Alan Rodriguez February 26, 2024

Understanding why users of a knowledge management solution would want to create a knowledge graphs...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2020

How are you entering these relationships in Confluence?

me December 27, 2020

Here is some ideas:

1-find who looking for what.

2-how people interact.

create ontology and calculate and even predict weight of each edge.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 1, 2021

But how are you entering these into Confluence?

me January 1, 2021

That’s why I asking this question, I am looking for idea :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2021

Mmm, not quite.  Your question was about displaying some diagrams, not about what data is behind them.

I think you need to start with a look at what you're trying to capture and draw up diagrams from.

me January 5, 2021

an idea come to my mind, using "Confluence Questions"

it create score for users that answer to question (specific topic), with rest api I think it's possible to fetch this data an convert them to graph to show which user have strong experience in each topics.

Nipun Agarwal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2021

Yes this is something that was in my mind. It will be I think very useful to find create a kg out of confluence spaces. Helps in understanding connections

wiktorsmyk June 8, 2021

@me Did you manage to get this off the ground in any way?

I just witnessed a team navigating confluence and a graph like this would have made this so much easier.

me June 27, 2021

Still not do you have any idea?

Thanks 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

There's not a lot we can talk about until we know what data you intend to draw diagrams from.

me June 27, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Please check my comment about question section.

Thanks 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

I did.  It doesn't answer the question.

me June 27, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

We have 3 entity(users,score,topics)

Use case 1

1-topic locate in center

2-topic connect to users with a line

3-as much as score is higher the line is thicker 

Use case 2

1-user locate in center

2-user connect to topics with a line

3-as much as score is higher the line is thicker

Any idea?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 27, 2021

And how are you putting that into Confluence?

matheusknebel March 14, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  I believe ''how to put into Confluence'' was the very question @me was asking :P

Suggestions could be helpful here too!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2023

I think you have misunderstood my posts.

The original question can be paraphrased as "How can I draw stuff like this in Confluence?".

My answer is "How are you getting the data for it into Confluence?"

Unless you can tell us how you are adding the data for it to Confluence, there's no way we can start to tell you how you might go about displaying it.

Uwe Pilz June 6, 2023

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I envision tagging pages as data input. The more common tags, the closer the relation of pages.

Other data points could be common key (rare) words, links to internal or external pages, common editors, @mentions.

Confluence should use AI to suggest relationships, that human users curate and share, that construct the Knowledge Graph, from the existing Confluence materials - including PDF attachments and diagrams.

These relationships might be temporal, spacial, object relational, language relational, cause and effect, etc.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 24, 2024

AI's are not ready to do this, Confluence should not use them until they are.

Alan Rodriguez February 26, 2024

So Nic - in your opinion - Confluence as a knowledge management solution - should NOT be used to create knowledge graphs?

And you say this with 100% confidence having zero understanding of the use cases for knowledge graphs?

Stunning 

Almost positive I'll be changing platforms...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2024

No.  It is a good place to do knowledge management, because it is a wiki, meaning it is fluid, editable,  easy to update.

There are known problems with Confluence - personally, I think the search is rubbish, and I do not think I am alone.  And the curation functionality is dreadful (I'm still finding stuff in Adaptavist's main confluence that was written by people who left before I joined, well over a decade out of date)

It absolutely can be used for knowledge graphs, but they are not built in.  Again, only an opinion, but I think they should be, it would be a huge improvement.  But knowledge graphs need the people who put data in to know what they are doing.  Be careful there, we humans are very very bad at that!

Alan Rodriguez February 27, 2024

I'll be ditching Confluence ASAP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events