Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knowledge Base Articles - What Happens if Someone Clicks "Thumbs Down, Not Helpful"

Brandy Bednorz January 11, 2023

Hello! 

I recognize that this is a simple question, but I didn't want to try it for myself in case it was something I could not undo.

On a Knowledge Base article, there is the question at the bottom that says, "Did this article help?" and the answers are: 

Thumbs Up icon - Yes

Thumbs Down icon - No

Most of the documentation on reporting I have seen talks about Requests Deflected, which is based on the number of times people have said, "Yes, the article is helpful". But what happens if someone clicks the thumbs down icon and says, "No, this was not helpful"? Does that get recorded somewhere and if so, where?

Also, if they do click the "no" button, do they get asked for feedback? Are they able to undo the "no" at some point or is the "no" recorded forever? 

Any information is appreciated. Thank you for your time! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2023

@Brandy Bednorz Confluence uses this feedback yes and no to help identify useful articles based on the keywords on the Confluence page.  If someone says it is not helpful it does not ask for any feedback.  I do not know of any report that shows the ones marked no.  Requests deflected in the portal. These are articles that customers gave a thumbs up in the portal.

more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2017/09/knowledge-base-reports-revamped

Brandy Bednorz January 12, 2023

Thank you for the information! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events