Keep getting Not Permitted when trying to edit CERTAIN pages

Casey Phillips December 27, 2017

I can edit most pages- but certain shared pages I have always been able to edit in past can no longer be edited. I get NOT permitted- logged in as a confluence_admin and same results.

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Casey,

It could be that page restrictions are preventing you from editing the pages. Page restrictions apply to administrators, but administrators can remove page restrictions. Please check for restrictions as described in View all restricted pages in a space.

As the notes mention:

Users with 'Admin' permissions in a space, or users with the System Administrator global permission can remove restrictions from pages, even if the page restriction prevents them from viewing the page.

Please also make sure you have Add permission in the spaces where the pages you cannot edit are. If you do not have the Add permission on the space, you cannot edit. Please see Space Permissions Overview for instructions and more information:

Confluence administrators aren't necessarily space administrators. In order for them to be a space admin, they must belong to a group which has space admin and view permission for the space, or their username must be specifically granted space admin and view permission for the space. People with the System Administrator global permission can choose to grant themselves space admin permissions for any space.

I look forward to hearing what you find out.

Thanks,

Ann

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2017

Could someone have restricted them?  As an admin, you'll be able to see that from the space options.  (Admin means admin, not permission to do things)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events