Jira integration HTTP Errors 500 504

Mitchell Overdick July 14, 2020

I have Jira and Confluence cloud, which have their application links automatically configured by SYSTEM. When I use the /jira macro in Confluence to add/create issues, I get HTTP errors 500 and 504. Most every tutorial I see online says this is an OAuth issue with the application link, but since the link was created by Atlassian, I have no way of changing those settings.

I have not been able to get this feature to work for as long as I have had the product.

image.png

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2020

Hello Mitchell,

Thank you for raising this, and I'm terribly sorry for the trouble you've been having with this.

Based on the errors, it appears that you may be encountering the following bug:

We can fix the provisioning of your Application Links, but I'll need to submit the request now to do so.

Please have a look at your email in a few minutes, and you'll receive a copy of this request.

Thank you!

Shannon

Mitchell Overdick July 20, 2020

Thank you Shannon, I saw the email!

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2020

Hello Mitchell,

Thank you for confirming that. I saw that my colleague Vinicius was able to refresh your Application Links locally, which fixed the issue. I'm really happy to hear that.

I've followed up with you on your other case now, so we can continue from there.

Take care,

Shannon

Like Peter Null likes this
0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2020

Hi Mitchell,

I feel your pain and would miss that functionality also. I haven't used cloud recently and recall older versions of Confluence Cloud had a Jira Issue Macro Repair (or similar). You may need to contact support because the application link is Atlassian managed, as you pointed out. Cheers!

Mitchell Overdick July 16, 2020

Hi @Joshua Sneed Contegix

Thank you for replying,

I contacted Atlassian support, and since I am on the free plan they told me I am stuck with Atlassian Community support.

I tried the macro repair as you suggested, but that did not work.

Do you possibly have any other ideas?

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

Hi Mitchell,

That is unfortunate. Cloud apps tend to be difficult to troubleshoot and we are limited in what we can try. The only thing I can think of is to remove and re-add the application link, but that means disabling/re-enabling an application. This presents a problem in Cloud because only Jira has the ability to perform a whole site restoration and there is no guarantee that existing Jira issues macros will be retained. Its a bit of a rock vs. hard place.

It may be possible, but not necessarily worthwhile, to bump your tier to the lowest paid/supported level temporarily and then downgrade after Atlassian support has resolved the problem. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events