Jira Macro for filter results doesnt allow Team field to be displayed, even though its an option

Alan Tragarz April 11, 2021

Create a jira filter. Edit a confluence page and embed the JIra Issues Filter macro into the page. In the configuration pop up, after selecting a filter, you are presented with a list of fields including Team. Add that field to the list of fields to display and the field doesnt get displayed. Note the field is included as a column in the JIra filter and moreover, if one creates a gadget in a Jira Dashboard of the same type, the team field IS displayed!

The workaround is create a dashboard in Jira, and embed it into the Confluence page using the iframe macro. Not pretty but it works

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2021

Hello there @Alan Tragarz!

As I understand, when you add the Team field to be displayed in the Jira Issues macro, the field is not displayed.

When I try to display the field, it is present:

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 14.26.05.png

The field is empty there because my Jira test instance is not graced with Premium features, such as the usage of the Team field in Jira issues:

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 15.03.44.png

With this in mind, I would like to understand the following:

1. Is the macro displayed at all if you include the Team field in the macro settings?
  2. When you display the Team field in Jira, is it populated?
  3. Would it be possible for you to provide screenshots of what you see when the macro is added?

Just be sure not to disclose any sensitive information with the screenshots. Our community is an open space and everyone can see everything posted here!

Let us hear from you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events