Jira Issues Macro error rendering JQL results

Alain BEAULIEU July 13, 2023

Hi,

We are on Jira and Confluence Cloud.

I have a page containing several Jira Issues Macros configured as tables listing a few tickets each (not more than 10-12). The macros have direct JQL (not saved filters), such as

"epic link" = PROJX-2402

The columns selected are:

Issue Type, Priority, Key, Summary, Status, Assignee, Team, Epic Link

Team is a custom field. All the others are native.

I am space admin and ALSO Confluence Administrator.

All the macros render perfectly for me, but they do not for everyone else. Every macro returns "Data cannot be retrieved due to an unexpected error".

If I store the JQL in a saved filter, the macros render fine for everyone. But I prefer inline JQL directly within the macro. This data is specific and temporary - used for a weekly meeting and changes every week.

I have tried removing the custom field and even limiting the number of fields (columns). That changes nothing.

If I copy one of the macros into a separate test page and publish that alone, it works for everyone.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be the issue here please?

Thanks.

EDIT #1: Removing the Epic Link column fixes the issue for everyone. But that doesn't explain why I can see all listings just fine and not others. I will keep looking for a solution because we need the Epic Link!

EDIT #2: I think I found the source of the issue. It seems related to the profile language. It fails if the profile langague of the user is anything other than English US. I created a ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/requests/JST-894654/

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alain BEAULIEU August 2, 2023

There is a bug where if your profile language is not EN-US and you're using the Epic Link field/column, the rendering fails.

See https://support.atlassian.com/requests/JST-894654/.

0 votes
Sanjen Bariki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2023

Hi @Alain BEAULIEU ,

Welcome to atlassian community!

Sorry to say, Could you please share the Screen shoot of the error..?

Once again can you please confirm, In that project, Have you configured the issue security scheme..?

Regards,

Sanjen Bariki

Alain BEAULIEU July 31, 2023

Please see my Edit #2. It's a bug in Confluence and it was reported to Atlassian.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2023

@Alain BEAULIEU for a better visibility of the answer, you can also create a new answer yourself and accept it.

Like Alain BEAULIEU likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events