Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Issue Macro not showing custom field value in Confluence anymore

Christine Medley September 30, 2020

Our confluence pages have a jira issue filters on them. This filter is set to show us four fields: Key, Summary, Status and Confluence Page. Confluence Page is a custom field we have created in Jira - free text. Previously these macros all worked correctly and all fields showed the correct values.

Recently (we are on Confluence Cloud and have not manually updated or changed anything on our system ourselves), the macros have stopped showing the Confluence Page value in our filters. I can see the value is still on the issue itself.

SampleJiraFilter-MissingCustomFieldValue.png

The xml export of the issue shows the custom field exists and has a value attached. I have tried removing the macro and replacing it. I have checked the custom field itself and it has a global context.

A different Custom Field (project extension) was added (for testing purposes) and I can see the value of that field in my macro. This custom field is not free text but rather a list selection. Looking at the xml for these two custom fields, the only difference between the two is that the Project Extension field has "key="10501" as part of the customfieldvalue itself. The Confluence Page field does not have a key.

OtherCustomField-showing.png

Does anyone know why the free text custom field is no longer showing in the macro and the list selection one is? Is there something else that I have missed that might explain why my Confluence Page field is no longer showing? Or has this broken as part of a Cloud system upgrade? If so, is it on the radar to be fixed? Whilst not a massive issue - it is something that needs to be fixed for us. I have looked at (issue) but that is closed and my problem is still happening. Maybe not fixed for cloud users?

11 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris December 7, 2020

Also having (and ignoring) this issue since 2 months.

So apparently there was a fix for Confluence Server.

For Confluence Cloud when browsing then these bugs (and maybe more) seem to point to the same issue

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-70306

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71131

* https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-43561

4 votes
Gamal Ardipratama August 25, 2021

hi, 

i'm experiencing this issue right now. anyone still having this issue?

cheers,

Gamal Ardipratama September 9, 2021

update

The custom field is showing now. I think it needs some time before the custom field can be used in Confluence after creation. it took me around 2 days.

Like # people like this
Jaromir BRAMBOR October 15, 2021

Still observed on 15-10-2021 on Jira/Confluence Cloud.
I can get JIRA standard field "Description" into Confluence using JQL filter macro, but not a "custom field" I've created more than 2 days ago...
Seems still like an "incoherency" (or bug... ) is present

Like # people like this
Andre Menezes October 15, 2021

I am still observing the issue. No news about it from Atlassian? 

Izel Cm January 23, 2022

I also see the same issue...

Like # people like this
Shane Marks May 18, 2022

I am seeing this issue as well. 

Like # people like this
Raj Limaye June 23, 2023

Same here. Need a quick solution.

Like Jessy Arrachart likes this
4 votes
Chiranth July 26, 2021

Hi, is there any fix available for this issue on Jira Cloud?

I'm experiencing this exact problem when introducing a new custom field within a Jira macro on Confluence?

3 votes
Aaron Shapiro February 7, 2022

Was this ever fixed? I'm experiencing it now myself. 

Ingride Costa April 6, 2022

Hi, me too.. and it is over a year since it was originally reported. 

2 votes
Andre Menezes October 4, 2021

Hey Team,

I am experiencing the same issue. It maybe take a few days to be updated?

1 vote
Christine Medley January 11, 2021

This seems to have miraculously fixed itself as of Jan 12 2021. I assume maybe Chris found some fixes that were made that also sorted this issues. Cheers

1 vote
Ekrem Şahin October 16, 2020

In our case, We even can not show any results if we add our created custom fields inside Display Options.

Is there any update on this ?

Regards

Ekrem Şahin October 19, 2020

Hello Again,

Yesterday It started to work correctly.

Best Regards

1 vote
Jessy Arrachart October 9, 2020

Same issue here with custom label fields... 

0 votes
Deleted user October 20, 2020

sampleConfJiraFilterBug.jpgA very similar problem here... A confluence page using a Jira filter containing custom fields all of a sudden (last week...?) does not display any values. In the sample picture, "external release notes" would normally show a text (which can be found on the Jira issue itself).

Deleted user October 20, 2020

However, in the sample picture, "Topdesk Reference" is also a custom field, which still has values on the Confluence page

Deleted user October 21, 2020

A theory to my reported problem here: seems related to custom fields with overlapping names from JIRA next-gen projects. This apparently makes the system mix things up. In our case, after finding and removing the next-gen fields, and waiting over night (sync delay jira - confluence?) the original pages in Confluence with Jira filter pages started to work again, and displaying the custom field content correctly.

Like Shyam_Ghodasara likes this
Donny Gison October 29, 2020

Can I get more details on what next-gen fields are? And where or how this activity was done -   "finding and removing the next-gen fields"

Thanks

Like Mark Wheeler likes this
0 votes
Ilan Goodman October 9, 2020

Same here, started within the past 24 hours.

0 votes
Jóhannes Ólafur Jóhannesson October 8, 2020

I fear we are hitting this same issue with custom fields of the "Labels" type not being displayed in dynamic filter results 

Atlassian is there a ticket on this ?  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events