I am importing localized documentation into Confluence, which seems to have some trouble displaying the Japanese kanji (double-byte characters), particularly in Page Titles, links, and the ToC. Rather than displaying the correct characters, I see a string of question marks "?????".
I also get messages about duplicate page titles when I know they are not. And while all of this happens, the page content seems to display just fine.
Any ideas why this would happen?
Note, I'm not a Japanese speaker, just trying to get content into the Wiki so our Japanese translator can take over.
In my case, Jeremy is exactly correct.
When we installed Confluence, somehow the database was set to "Latin-1" character encoding. Not good for displaying double-byte characters. Once we changed the database encoding to UTF-8, and confirmed that both the App Server and Confluence application were also set to UTF-8, then things started working famously.
I haven't had any trouble with Japanese character display since.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs