JIRA portfolio view in Confluence

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jul 05, 2016

Hello All,

Is it possibel to  get JIRA portfolio view in the confluence, I know I can use the JIRA macro to display a nice table for issues and respective links but I wanted the view to be similar to the hierarchical view of the portofolio to be displayed in a wiki page.

Thanks,

5 answers

1 accepted

While not ideal, I recently discovered that if you have the HTML macro enabled for Confluence, you can use the Portfolio report/share button to get an iframe embed snippet you can put into an HTML macro.

This will allow you to display a plan's report page in Confluence.

This worked great for me!  The trick is being sure that you  have your report correct before you share it.  That includes selecting the columns that  you want to show.

I find that when I embed this in Confluence and I view it, it looks fine, but when someone else views it, the filters are all different. How do I get it so that the filters I've set are what everyone else views?

Can be done if you have our Structure add-on - JIRA Portfolio Plans in Confluence Pages.

Hi,

Not sure about Portfolio, but the BigPicture plugin has Confuence macros and is used for project portfolio management.

0 vote

Hi Tarun,

We do not have a Confluence widget yet. The feature has already been suggested and you can vote on it here, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-140?jql=text%20~%20%22confluence%22%20and%20project%3D%22Portfolio%20for%20JIRA%22%20and%20issuetype%3DSuggestion

Best,
Allard 

This functionality would be perfect for creating status reports in confluence with real time updates.

I work for a large bank... we have hundreds of projects in JIRA and we are trying portfolio as the tool to plan and communicate with the executive. Enter once, use many.

Currently the functionality is not strong enough for us to really use it effectively.

I hear that.  we have the same situation.  We have a group that does the work, but we have the many that need a view only without a whole lot of privileges and access.

we are looking at add-ons and other tools.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,933 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you