JIRA issue macro whereby for each jira listed can I pull linked issues that are confluence pages

Leila Chow March 23, 2018

I use a JIRA issue / filter macro. I am pulling all user stories with a particular label. 

I choose to display for the columns to show the summary, status and linked issues.

For each user story, I will link related user stories and confluence pages.

How do I pull just links that are confluence pages and not the related user stories in my macro? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 23, 2018

I think I understand what you are looking for, however I don't think it is possible with just Jira alone.    When you use the Jira Macro in Confluence, it allows you pull in a single Jira issue, or a list of issues that are the result of a JQL search query/filter in Jira.   The point is, it's designed specifically to return Jira issues.  I understand you just want to see the linked confluence pages to those issues, but ultimately Jira alone does not have a means to search issues for that value.

That said, there are ways to use plugins with jira in order to search for issues that have such confluence links.  See this related thread:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Jira-Advanced-Search-for-issues-with-without-Confluence-links/qaq-p/11472

Luc explains the use of a plugin for Jira called Impact for Jira - Trace-ability Analysis

It appears that this plugin in Jira can display the confluence pages via JQL search results.  I am not sure if this would help you to then try to include this data directly in the Jira macro in confluence, it might not be 100% compatible with the way confluence displays this, but I think this could possibly work.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events