JIRA issue macro is automatically converted to a link

Michael Migliori August 3, 2020

When adding a JIRA issue link in a confluence page using the standard JIRA Macro, the link looks fine in the edit mode and preview mode. As soon as the modification is published, the JIRA issue is converted to a standard link without any warning. 

This cause the display of the issue to be somewhat buggy (in a table if the column is too small, the link will be split in multiple parts for each line). The link can be converted into a "card" but it's way too big and doesn't show the essential information. And of course there is absolutely no control on what can be displayed on the card...

This looks again like a downgrade of a widely used feature. Please keep the way JIRA issue links were displayed before, it was totally fine! In the meantime, please tell me if there are any ways to prevent this automatic undesired conversion of the JIRA issues when publishing a page.

Until this is resolved, I will have to used simple links that I will build myself. Not only will I loose a lot of time but I will not be able to get the JIRA status automatically displayed... Thanks making our user experience poorer at each update...

6 answers

0 votes
vasaki September 26, 2021

Same problem. Really annoying, as when using Confluence report macros, like Page Properties Reporting for instance, the jira task is displayed as hyperlink, instead of Jira Task, so no status is visible.

0 votes
Michael Migliori July 1, 2021

Feeling all alone here...

0 votes
Michael Migliori January 29, 2021

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ did you see my reply?

Thanks,

0 votes
Michael Migliori November 16, 2020

Any news on this??

0 votes
Michael Migliori August 10, 2020

Here are some screenshots.

When adding the JIRA Macro in edit mode (OK):

jira-link-edit.png

In preview mode (OK):

jira-link-preview.png

After publishing changes (KO!):

jira-link-published.png

After entering edit mode again (KO!):

jira-link-edit2.png

As you can see the display and the context menu clearly shows that the JIRA macro has been transformed into a link.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2020

Hi @Michael Migliori 

I tried this out in our instance, and it doesn't seem to change much between the edit and view mode - either on a page or within a table.

Could you provide a screenshot of edit mode vs view mode (in your desired format) for your instance so we can see what conversion you are receiving?

Ste

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events